The temperature can also play a huge part in the flare up of allergies and when the weather outside suddenly changes, many often suffer for it.
Below are some reasons why temperature change and weather can cause an increase in allergies:
ENT Birmingham AL – How Does Outdoor Temperature Affect Allergies?
- Mild Winters– When the temperature during the winter months is warm, trees and plants are going to get an early start producing pollen. Pollen is one of the main causes of allergies in the Spring. Millions of people suffer from pollen exposure each year.
- Temperature Drops– The temperature outside suddenly dropping can cause allergies to flare up. The body throws the immune system in high gear, which then can trigger allergy symptoms. Many ENT’s see an increase in patients anytime the temperature starts to fluctuate from hot to cold or vice versa.
Other Weather Factors That Cause Allergies
- Dry Conditions– When it has not rained in a while the air gets dry. Those who suffer from allergies may actually get a break. Plants need rain to pollinate and lack of rain means less pollen.
- Wet Conditions– Plants and trees thrive from rainfall so moisture ensures pollination. This is when allergies can be the worst.
- Windy Conditions– The wind picks up pollen putting more of it in the air. Allergy sufferers can have a hard time during windy weather.
If you are one of the millions of people that suffer with allergies we can help you find the best remedy so you can enjoy Spring this year! Call Shelby Ear Nose and Throat Associates if you’re looking for an ENT Doctor in Birmingham, Shelby County, Alabaster, Pelham, Calera or Hoover at (205) 621-8900.